Monday, October 2, 2017

India

My journey though Rajasthan was amazing.  A very long trip with many hours on a bus through small villages and big cities like Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaipur and Agra to name a few.  So many interesting sights along the way.  I posted quite a few on Facebook but here are some I saved for my blog.
There was a shrine on the side of the road and when offerings of food are left, the monkeys help themselves.  We stopped to get a closer look at this tribe of troublemakers.  They were perfectly happy to be a safe distance from us till our bus driver got out and opened a packet of cookies.  Their eagle eyes caught sight immediately and they rushed to see who could get the packet first.  They don't seem to like to share.
I was quite happy to use my zoom to capture these critters, but then they started to rush toward me.  Holy shit!!  I didn't know that our bus driver got out and was offering a packet of cookies.  

My Nat Geo moment....capturing a blissful mother nursing her baby.

Waiting for something to happen....like another packet of cookies.  

Best hotel view ever.  We were at The Lalit Laxmi Villas Palace in Udaiper and this is their view.  So beautiful.

My beautiful mother making the sunset more beautiful.  I was so lucky to share this tour with her.  She's a real trooper!

I could have done a lot more damage in this store than I did.  I bought a vintage Kanta blanket. Not sure which side to use!  

Oh, this woman made me laugh.  The gorgeous Jennifer Robinson.

Not sure where this was taken.  It was hot and it was in Jaipur.

Next 2 photos and this one are scenes from our bus.

I don't know, boxes of shoes?

No comments: